Thursday, May 19, 2011

What do the Post Office and the DMV have in common?

They both have lines that go on and on with endless waiting time.

Today I had to mail a birthday card for my best friend (Happy birthday Kelly) and I waited in line for a really long time. There seriously had to be 8 people in front of me and a dozen or so behind me. Normally, I don't mind waiting in lines. It's lines that don't move that kill me.

The kicker was the two older women with packages to mail. They didn't even have the packages assembled! They had the bag of stuff they were going to mail and all the supplies, like the tape and the shipping box. I only needed to buy two stamps and there were people in front of me mailing packages, changing their address, etc. I thought buying stamps would be a quick process. We used to have some type of stamp vending machine but it was replaced by the automated postage center that only accepts debit/credit cards. I only had $1 bill with me because I was just buying a few stamps. Next time I will definitely remember to bring my debit card so I can skip the line and just get my stamps. Or maybe I should just buy a book of stamps.

No comments:

Post a Comment