Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Let's hear it for New York

Watching the season finale of Glee has renewed my desire to go to New York as many times as possible throughout the summer to see Broadway shows, have lazy afternoons in Central Park and eat delicious cupcakes at Crumbs bakery (the Promises, Promises one is my fave). I absolutely love going to New York City; I mean there is no other city like it in the world.

Just think about how many songs are written about it or how many movies and TV shows are set in NYC. Gossip Girl. Confessions of a Shopaholic. Breakfast at Tiffany's. Wall Street. Home Alone. Maid in Manhattan. Something Borrowed. The list goes on. I want to feel like Audrey Hepburn buying jewelry at the Tiffany and Co. flagship store. I want to be able to go anywhere in the city with a quick swipe of a metro card or a short cab ride downtown.

In a perfect world, I would live there and be able to experience the awesomeness of New York every single day. From shopping on Fifth Avenue to dining in Little Italy, I just love everything about the city. There's so much to see and do. But, this is not a perfect world and I do not live in a penthouse on the Upper East Side. 

However, I am seriously thinking about looking at jobs and the possibility of living in the Big Apple after I take my GRE on June 7. One of my aunts lived in Greenwich Village for a few years and loved it. I would like the chance to do the same. I want to wake up in the city that never sleeps (Frank Sinatra anyone?) and thrive in the fabulous city.

After all, Frank Sinatra said if I can make it there, I'll make it anywhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment