Thursday, May 26, 2011

The first step to a problem

is admitting it.

I am a complete control freak. There I said it. I like to know everything before it happens; I am not into surprises at all. It's so bad that I even like to know my Christmas or birthday gifts before I receive them. I read spoilers for my favorite TV shows, which is pathetic really. I like to know who else was invited to a party or get together before I R.S.V.P. At the moment, I even like to try to make decisions for my boyfriend, who is currently unemployed and seriously seems not to care at all about finding a job. Is it really a character flaw in myself that I would like him to find a job and work? He's almost 26, by the way.

This desire to be in control of my own universe is getting tiring and no matter what I do things still go wrong or don't turn out how I expected them to. I can give something my absolute best effort and it still won't happen as I thought it would. So from now on, I am just letting go, forgetting about trying to know (and control) everything. I am just going to leave it all up to fate and let the world take me where it may. I think my life will have a lot less stress after this. Wish me luck dear readers as I turn over this new leaf. Get ready world, a more relaxed Stephanie is coming your way.

After all, at the end of the day there are so many things that I cannot control. So why try?

No comments:

Post a Comment