Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Extreme Couponing

It seems that whenever I have time to just sit down and randomly watch TV, I can never find anything good to watch. I always watch Glee, Modern Family, and Dancing With the Stars (Go Hines Ward!). They are the shows I will DVR and try to keep up with. I watched Gossip Girl until I had classes at PCOM on Monday nights and missed all of season 3. I did buy it on DVD around the holidays, but I have yet to sit down and watch it.

As I was channel surfing tonight, I found in to TLC's show Extreme Couponing. I seriously can't even believe these women on that show. How can they get so many coupons? Why do they buy so many of each item? It's amazing that they save so much money, but in reality does a person really need 60 boxes of cake mix or 99 bottles of Gatorade?

The ladies on the show act like they are training for an Olympic event, possess huge thick binders full of coupons and push like 6 carts around the grocery store. Whatever happened to just looking in the circular and using the occasional coupon? I can't even imagine handing the cashier upwards of 10 coupons or splitting my purchases into 3 or 4 different transactions. These women use tons of coupons- hence the title of the show. They have crazy stockpiles full of stuff taking up room in their pantries, basements, garages and guest bedrooms. Doesn't this stuff just take up space? I would think some of their food would go bad before you even have the chance to use it. After all, isn't food only good for so long?

I sort of think they are crazy, but on to something. Everyone likes to save money and I am no exception. I think I am going to start clipping coupons for some things that I buy like toothpaste, shampoo, conditioner, laundry detergent. We'll see how much money I actually would save by using coupons.

No comments:

Post a Comment