Monday, May 16, 2011

Allow me to introduce myself

Hi! My name is Stephanie. I'm a twenty something female, college grad and waitress living in the 'burbs of Philadelphia. Astrologically I am a Libra, represented by a balance or scale, a sign that suits me perfectly as I am always searching for the balance between work and play.  You should also know I am way too organized for my own good; I am a Target shopaholic; I love to eat chocolate and I cannot cook to save my life. Trust me on the last one; I can't even make an omelet. Yeah, that's pretty pathetic.

Right now I live at home with my crazy family consisting of a mom, dad, brother and a sister (when she's home from college). It's your standard issue family, if only slightly dysfunctional. I cannot wait for the day I have a place to call my own. All of you ladies and gents with your own living spaces, you have no idea how lucky you are. I can only imagine what it's like to come home to your own place, kick off your shoes and know that no one has left the toilet seat up (something my brother does) or left dishes in the sink (something my dad does) or left hair on the wall in the shower (something my mom/sister do on occassion).

As a 2009 college grad, I didn't graduate into the best economy and, naturally, my path into the real world seems to be a bit delayed. I waitressed through college and continue to do that now- two years after I have graduated. Trust me when I say it sucks, but until I complete my Master's degree, it looks like I will have to deal with it since I like shopping and paying my bills on time. I will just have to keep looking until I find a job related to my biology degree or the Master's degree I am working on in pharmaceuticals.

Previously, I blogged as the Brunette Suburbanite but that blog was going in a different direction than I intended so I started this new blog.

I invite you to read along as I try- unsuccessfully at times- to become financially independent with a big girl job and her own apartment.

No comments:

Post a Comment